She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. (1873) ~ Louisa May Alcott ~


Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Place...deep breath...Happy Place

One of my happy places is snuggling on the couch with my dogs. We have a 3 year old blond lab (MM)and a 9 month old chocolate lab (CJ). We adopted the chocolate from DFW Lab Rescue. This is one of the best programs for adoption that I have experienced. CJ (the chocolate lab) has been a blessing to us as much as we have been a blessing to him. He lost an eye before we adopted him and had many different ailments: worms, mange, etc as well as being malnourished. He's alllll better now! He has the sweetest little personality and is such a lover. Here he is:

He's beautiful. He doesn't jump like a normal lab (or dog), he jumps like a bucking bronco - back feet, then front feet, back feet, then front feet. It's adorable and I can't help but laugh every time he does it.

There are several other beautiful, sweet, loving labs that still need homes. If you are at all interested in adopting a lab, please click here to check out the DFW Lab Rescue website. I get updates on the labs that still need homes and it breaks my heart. I wish I could adopt several more of them, but CJ (the chocolate) and MM (the blond lab) might not like having to share attention time.

No comments:

Post a Comment