She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. (1873) ~ Louisa May Alcott ~


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

No high heels!

I had yet another check up with the doctor in charge of "fixing" my ankle. In early October, as I was walking out of the building in my four inch heels and dress, I stumbled on a crack in the side walk (I promise, there was a crack), twisted my ankle and fell. The bystanders say my ankle fell off the side of my shoe but my foot stayed on the shoe - yuck. I have been visiting the doctor at least once a month since then. I was supposed to go to physical therapy, but who has time for that? Um, not me. Anyway, the doctor says my ankle is much better. I only have to wear the truly attractive brace when I'm working out or when I'll be walking a lot. He encouraged me to continue to go to physical therapy. I didn't want to tell him that I only actually went once. His last comment to me, however, was, "Remember, no heels." SERIOUSLY?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment